- Program Schedule
- Call For
Panel on Big Data
Title: Mining the Big Data
Wednesday, August 15, 2012
With the arrival of Big Data, we now have many fascinating and challenging new issues for the KDD community. This panel will bring these opportunities and challenges to the fore, and debate on the following questions:
1. What is the nature of Big Data? What are the Big Data problems that you have encountered? Is this a long-term challenge or a short-term fad?
2. What opportunities and challenges does data mining face on Big Data?
3. What are effective Big Data solutions? What platforms, sampling solutions, and applications are most effective for handling Big Data?
- Michael I. Jordan, Berkeley
- Christos Faloutsos, CMU
- Haixun Wang, Microsoft Research Asia
- Wen Gao, Peking University
- Jiawei Han, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Usama Fayyad, ChoozOn Corp.
- Raghu Ramakrishnan, Microsoft
- Charles X. Ling, University of Western Ontario (UWO)