- Program Schedule
- Call For
Call for Student Volunteers
The ACM KDD 2012 organizing committee calls for student participants who would like to attend KDD 2012 and offer volunteer services. Students accepted as volunteers are expected to assist with the organization of the conference with 8-12 hours’ workload on average.
Commitments of student volunteers may involve registration issues such as checking in attendees, stuffing conference bags, program issues such as assist with workshops, tutorials, reception, opening session, oral/poster sessions, and local issues such as guiding directions, facilitating logistics, etc. Details of the assigned duties will be informed to accepted volunteers once the conference program schedule is finalized.
- Volunteer application due: May 18, 2012
- Notification of acceptance: May 23, 2012
Students who are interested in serving as volunteers are invited to send their applications with the following information:
- Name and affiliation
- Contact information (address, email and phone)
- Short bio (no more than 300 words)
- Proof of full-time student status (e.g. a copy of student ID)
- Tentative travel plan (dates of arrival and departure)
Applications should be sent with the subject “KDD’12 student volunteer application” via email to the Student Volunteer Co-Chairs: Juanzi Li, Tsinghua University, China
Min-Ling Zhang, Southeast University, China
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (with cc to email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Free registration will be granted for each student volunteer.
- Recipients of student travel award must be available as student volunteers to help with organizational tasks during the conference.
- Students who do not have papers accepted but interested in participating in the conference are also highly welcome for volunteer application.